Friday, May 22, 2009

New Dress

Recently I was telling a new friend who lives in Chicago that men never approach me in Seattle. When I go other places, it happens. But in this town? Abso-fucking-lutely never. (Which translates to about once a year, and - surprise - they are guys who moved here from somewhere else. )

New Friend suggested I "go into a boutique and buy a cute new dress." After I finished laughing hysterically (like I said, he doesn't know me too well yet), I decided he might have a point. Plus I wanted a cute dress to wear to the wedding in Mexico next week. So I went to Goodwill and found this sassy little number for about $10 - it was on the 'designer' rack, which costs more than standard Goodwill pricing. However, it was black and white, which was a little tame for me. Therefore it was off to the fabric store to buy some RIT dye to jazz it up a bit. My efforts are displayed below.

So, Sane, this one's for you... don't say I never took your advice ;)



5 comments:

ChicagoSane said...

You have knockers! Soooo ladylike, I'd hit on you.

Looooove the dye job, please teach me your trick.

Let's slap on some glossy lipstick, get into sandals and go get some boy-on-face action.

If it doesn't work, keep the dress for when I visit :)

Don't you feel beautiful and feminine?

stacy marie said...

I am mad, mad, mad that boys don't come up and talk to you!! I have a boy, I shall introduce you...don't know if you'll hit it off, but he'll make you feel beautiful, that's for sure. Drinks we shall have...bring the dress.

Melissa said...

Sane - yes, ladylike and feminine is just how I feel. With nice knockers. Thanks :P

Stacy - let's do it! I'm always up for meeting new people, especially ones who make me feel beautiful. I promise to wear the dress. Unless it's 50 degrees out.

Wendy said...

Super cool! Love the color choice. What goes on in Mexico, stays in Mexico....

Lee Ryan said...

Nice dress, awesome tattoo!!

Someone out there is missing the boat!