Saturday, September 26, 2009

Check

What I've done:

  • Sell couch, TV, DVD, microwave, ottoman
  • Accepted an offer to buy my bed in mid-October, right before I leave
  • Promised my bookshelves to my cousin (not the crazy one)
  • Found homes-away-from-home for my bike, snowboard and gear, backpacking gear, and a few other odds & ends I don't want to part with
  • Took Sadie to the vet for her Thailand-required checkup
  • FedExed my visa application to the Thai embassy in DC
  • Cancelled my Comcast internet & cable

Still need to do:

  • Reprice and sell items that haven't sold yet, like the china cabinet & dresser, and a few other things
  • Take lots of stuff to Goodwill
  • Cancel gym membership & setup cancellation of electric account
  • Jailbreak iPhone
  • End AT&T contract
  • Research car donation process
  • Get water bowls for Sadie's travel crate
  • Take bookshelves to Matty's house, and some kitchen stuff too
  • Probably something else that I'm totally forgetting
Maybe it doesn't seem like a long list, but I look around my house and it sure doesn't look like I'm moving to another country in less than four weeks! Actually I think putting it in list form like this will help me tackle what's left. And the closer I get to T-day, October 21 (that's Thailand-day or Travel-day, I'm not sure which), the more stuff I can get rid of, cause I won't need them anymore, of course. No rest for the wicked!

Also, in bizarre, unrelated news, it's raining men. Seriously, WTF?! A family I know recently set me up with a good friend of theirs. He turned out to be really cool and we had a lot in common, and we went out a couple times and had an awesome time. He's just left for a six-week stint in Madison, Wisconsin though, so that effectively ends that budding situation, since I'll be gone by the time he returns. He's a doctor who travels around the country filling in for other doctors, but his home base is Seattle. Then on Wednesday, I met not one but two guys, both of whom asked me out. I met guy #2 at the farmers market during the day and guy #1 later that night at a show at the Sunset Tavern. This is kind of unusual for me, so I'm stoked but mystified. Anyway, I have a date with guy #1 tonight and a date with guy #2 tomorrow.

So, busy busy busy is the word(s) of the day, and every day till I leave. Time is flying!

1 comment:

stacy marie said...

The tall one donated his car once, if you have questions he could probably answer them.

I so totally should have asked if I could rent your bike from you. I want one, but can't afford one right now.

let me know if you need a place to keep anything!