Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunny Daze

After a wild weekend spent in the upper RV lot at Stevens Pass, Monday was a day for in-city relaxation. The 70-degree weather almost made me want to head out of town again to go snowboarding or find a hike, but really I'd had enough of driving to the mountains, as it seems that's all I do lately!

In the morning, in furtherance of the "Melissa's green condo initiative," I installed a flourescent bulb in the hallway. Previous installments consisted of thermostats and dimmer switches, which along with the new bulb, are proven to save energy - and money. Yay for saving money!


After that, the weather had warmed sufficiently for a walk to Greenlake and some squirrel huntin,' or as I call it, squirreling. Squirreling has gotten much more entertaining since Sadie learned how to climb trees several months ago. Each time we go, Sadie climbs higher and higher - she's a very precocious beagle. Yesterday she was so far above my head that I actually was worried for the first time about her falling or her leash getting caught up in the branches. Eek!



More tree beagle pictures

Today the high temperatures continue and I had planned to go snowboarding in the afternoon. But I woke up with back pain like a rail spike had been drilled through my right shoulder blade. Ouch! Sometimes I sleep on it wrong and that happens. I feel like I should hit the slopes every chance I get because this might be the last winter I experience for the next several years. But I think my brain is starting to get over winter and yearn for summer already, as I really don't mind that I didn't make it to Alpental today...

Enjoying the morning


Sun Hound

No comments: