Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Journey

I'm posting this from my iPhone before it becomes an iBrick, so it'll be short n sweet! Sort of. In case you want to follow along from home:

Tonight I'll go to SeaTac Airport to check Sadie and myself in for our flight that leaves at 2:00 a.m.(!) Wednesday. The first leg of the flight, to Taiwan, is almost fourteen hours (I plan to spend as long of that as possible in an over-the-counter drug-induced slumber). Then a three-hour layover in Taipae, Taiwan. During that time I'll be trying to find out Sadie is doing, and posting general updates on Twitter and thereabouts. Then, a 3.5 hour flight to Bangkok where I'll collect my luggage and my dog and my friend Ashley will pick us up. We'll spend three days with Ash and her family where they live a couple hours southeast of Bangkok, then on Sunday it's back to the airport to fly to Chiang Mai. We stay in a hotel for five days, October 25-30, while looking for an apartment near school. Then school starts the next Monday November 2nd. Phew!

It'll be a busy couple of weeks, but I look forward to taking my mind off this crazy journey I'm taking ;) I'll check in frequently and keep you posted on my progress!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cowabunga, dudette...good luck, I already miss ya.
Love,
Dad

HorseKnuckle said...

Well, I guess this means that we'll have to have drinks in Thailand . . .

x0x00x00x

HorseKnuckle

stacy marie said...

I wish you the best of luck! I can't wait to see all the fun updates :)