Wednesday, October 14, 2009

T Minus 7 Days - Check!

Eep.

What I've done:

  • Repriced and relisted my china cabinet, dresser, and computer desk
  • Taken carloads of stuff to Goodwill
  • Set up the car donation
  • Gave bookshelves and lots of kitchenwares to cousin Matty
  • Sold my bed
  • Took my bike and snowboard and related gear to my dad's house for storage
  • Packed up my backpacking gear and 2 plastic tubs with things I want to keep for my mom to take home with her
  • Received mypassport with travel visa from the Thai embassy in DC!
What I still need to do:
  • Sell those final three pieces of furniture
  • Final goodwill trips
  • Cancel car, home, health insurance
  • Cancel gym membership
  • Jailbreak iPhone & break AT&T contract
  • Take Sadie's vet paperwork to Olympia for endorsement by the USDA (yes, really)
  • Figure out if all these clothes and things I plan to take with me will fit in my backpack
  • Probably something else that I'm totally forgetting
Looking at this list I actually can't believe I've gotten so much done, because I feel like I've doing really well at procrastinating and completely ignoring the problem. Actually, I do still have quite a bit to do, given that I only have 7 days, and only 5 business days, left. Eek! Fortunately my mom and sister are coming on Sunday and Monday to help me finish the job, and to provide moral support - yay! My next 7 days are meticulously planned out. I'm even working at the farmers markets on Thursday and Sunday. I'd rather not, but the $$ always helps. I wish I had time to go to the zoo one last time, but I don't think I'll have time :(

Needless to say, I've gotten rid of all the boys. Who has time for such things during a time like this? Not me. For the next couple months I'll be traveling, resting, traveling, looking for an apartment, going through a pretty intense certificate program for 5 weeks, then looking for a job. And them moving again and starting a new job, sometime in December or January, or whenever I get hired. All of this while trying to be the constant for my high-strung dog who is about to have her world and her routine turned upside down. Crikey! I quail with fear at the prospect, especially given that I haven't done shit in the last 9 months. What if I've lost my edge? What if I forgot how to go to work at a regular job? (Not that this will be a regular job, really.) And, oh god, the big one - WHAT IF I HATE TEACHING??? I never saw myself as a teacher. I do think I'll be good at teaching the English language, but will I enjoy it? Time will tell.

Wish me luck...

No comments: