Sunday, December 21, 2008

Road Trip: Arcata to Florence, Oregon

Arcata to Florence was a beautiful jaunt north along the coast. Sometimes the weather was nice, but mostly it was high winds and rain (I happen to think that qualifies as 'beautiful'). I was kind of dragging by this point and pretty much just wanted to get home. There's something about not being able to get home (due to the weather in this case) that really makes you want to get there!

Once I arrived in Florence I checked into a hotel which unfortunately was really crappy. I'd had good luck with the hotel sitch through the entire road trip though, so I guess I won't complain too much. Next time I will do my homework before I get to a town. Although I didn't do that before I ended up in Sonoma and ended up in a great place! Actually, the entire Sonoma side-jaunt was unplanned, but I'm glad I ended up there.


Northern Coast of California


Elk! From the largest Roosevelt elk herd in the world


Beautiful redwoods. So that's what the big deal is about...


Bandon, Oregon


The Sadie-ear-windometer says that we are at gale force

More pictures here

No comments: