Friday, December 12, 2008

The travels are about to begin...

Recently I decided not to go to work anymore. Well, I've been working from home, because since I didn't have anything to do anyway, working at home seemed like a good idea. As of Thursday, I made it official. I am working from home until my official last day of work on Friday December 19th.

Saturday the 13th I begin my road trip. Sadie and I are going to beaglefest from noon to 2 p.m., then we will jump in the car and it's off to California! The first night we're staying in Grants Pass Oregon, then Sunday the 14th through Thursday the 18th we're staying in San Francisco, seeing the sights and visiting friends. Thursday the 18th we're making our way down the coast, stopping in the dog-friendly mecca of Carmel-by-the-Sea and the new-age-friendly mecca of Big Sur, before resting our heads in Santa Barbara that night. Friday the 19th, after bumming around the town and beach a bit, we're back on the road to Seattle. Because there's no place like home, as Dorothy said. Depending on how long the return trip takes, we should be home on the 21st or 22nd.

Stay tuned for updates and photos from the road. Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dont get your dates...its your timeline or my head. when are you back?

Melissa said...

Hmm. Well, it did sound kind of funny when I wrote it. I'm leaving tomorrow the 13th, and expect to head for home on the 19th. That'll take 2 or 3 days, so the 21st or 22nd methinks. Don't worry, you'll know when I'm back.